Sunday, August 6, 2006

Yesterday’s ‘Chase’ & New Homepage!

Well the Moderate risk was issued for yesterday and parameters were decent as far as falling into place in the right areas, but once again mother nature decided to screw the chasers over yesterday and only give us two tornado warned storms, with only one of them producing an actual tornado. And of course, that storm was located right on the US/Canada border in a very unfriendly environment for as much as I know. Otherwise several other severe thunderstorms were able to develop in areas of SD/NE, but nothing spectacular came of them in LSR’s or in chase reports as most people had drove clear into northern MN to find themselves on a dissapointing long drive back home. As for me, I wasn’t going to play the northern MN threat, instead watching the areas of southwest MN/northwest IA as parameters were in place just like models have ’sort of’ predicted. But, capping was much stronger than they had predicted and without an outflow boundary or the great lifting support that was expected out ahead of the cold front nothing was produced. So, in turn I had never even left my house yesterday afternoon, just watching and waiting, with a couple of short naps for something to happen…

In other, better news, I have started the redesigning of my webpage! The homepage has the whole new look to it now, as stated in previous topics on how the previous sitebuilder with our previous host was able to pretty much ruin the entire pages on the StormCenterUSA site thanks to its’ encoding. I’ve started up a new design with a new sitebuilder that will be able to be used no matter what host StormCenterUSA is under… So, look for a new look to my pages once again as I take on the title of ‘Storm Chasing & Iowa Weather’!

0 comments: