Friday, August 4, 2006

Storm Chasing (August 1/Tomorrow)

Well I finished up getting the photos from August 1st up, the pano didn’t turn out great once again thanks to my camera being a little crazy and not being completely manual for me. But, you still get the basic idea of it… The other picture is as the shelf was overtaking us (Alyssa and I), it was Alyssa’s first successful chase with me as the other time we went last year we busted. Here are the two pictures:

http://www.stormcenterusa.com/images/Aug1ShelfPano.jpg

http://www.stormcenterusa.com/images/DSC04996.jpg

Next storm chasing chance looks to come tomorrow already, with a good chance at that. Most likely a Moderate risk by the SPC for areas of MN, Dakotas and possibly even IA/NE. Good instability and shear in place should allow for the risk to include supercells with potential of large hail/damaging winds and tornadoes over the area. Still a lot of things up in the air with the risk, but I’m liking an area of southwest MN/northwest IA for chasing tomorrow, possibly will have to drift over into SD depending on timing and initiation. Either way, I’ll put out another update late tonight and/or tomorrow morning about the final plan.

0 comments: