Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thunderstorms... Moving...

Thunderstorm chances will remain in the forecast for tonight, with a possible MCS making its’ way into the state from the west. These thunderstorms do not have a threat to be severe, given the lack of significant features within the system. However, some areas will be looking at heavy rain with the system as it continues into the morning hours tomorrow for portions of central Iowa. Once again tomorrow afternoon, additional thunderstorms are expected and will continue into the overnight and early Friday. And a repeat once again on Friday as thunderstorms develop and move across the state during the overnight hours. All of this due to a weak system making its’ way across the plains. The severe threat with this system seems weak, but some isolated severe thunderstorms cannot be ruled out on Thursday/Friday over the state.

In other news, I’ll be moving back down to Ames tomorrow for the start of the school year. I have a wedding to attend this weekend back home, so I’ll most likely not be online much until Sunday evening. I have posted my schedule for this fall on my website, the ISU Meteorology page features it.

0 comments: