Saturday, June 30, 2007

Trip to Denver & New Computer

TWISTEX has came to an end and thus the cars will be returning to the Denver area in the upcoming days. The ISU crew will be driving from Ames to Lakewood, CO during the day tomorrow, hopefully making Lakewood by supper time. Spending the night in Lakewood before returning to Ames on Monday, in which I will also be returning home Monday evening as well. This trip will tack onto the total miles for TWISTEX, with 850 miles on the trip for me one-way, thus the trip total miles will likely add on around 1700 miles! Once I return and we get passed the July 4th holiday, I will then get the whole update on the miles and time spent traveling during the month of June.

Other news is the addition of a new computer, an Inspiron 1501, which has been equipped with Windows Vista release. So far I haven't ran into many problems with the computer, a lot of features with the new Vista release that allow you to personalize it. I've gotten all of my programs on it without problems for the most part, however there are still programs that aren't 'officially' ready to run with Vista and thus do have some problem with what features they can offer running in a Vista environment. The new media offers with Vista are quite unique and make it look much like some of the iBook or other Apple computers do that have been bought by the more photo/video people as of late. If I have any troubles with Vista I'll be sure to update on here, but for now it looks good. Any questions on it be sure to leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

0 comments: