Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ending of TWISTEX

Well I returned from the marathon of driving late last night, about 1 am is when I pulled into my destination for the night. This after the crew began the trip home at 9:30 am in Grand Forks, ND; stopping to dismantle the mesonets in Grand Rapids, MN and then on our way down I-35 to Ames, IA. This isn't the end of driving however for the ISU crew, as we will be taking the vehicles back to their rightful home in Denver, CO coming up on Sunday/Monday. Once I find some time from the hectic schedule to update and review the whole June TWISTEX season I will post the totals miles and what we actually saw on the long journeys.

Jokingly as we sat in Subway in Grand Rapids, a comment was made on our month of chasing that can pretty much sum it up however. "You know, we can't really figure out how many miles we traveled per tornado captured, as when you divide by zero you get an error!!"

0 comments: