Thursday, February 8, 2007

Nighttime Steam

Well I was testing out my camera last night, as I was attempting to figure out a problem that I was having with crap showing up in the viewfinder. I figured out the problem and of course the result is that it is being shipped back to Canon to get fixed (hopefully). I was planning on doing quite a bit with it over the next couple of weeks, but looks like that will have to be held off for a while. Maybe it will be warmer by the time I get it back?!?! Either way, last night the power plant here that is just north of my place had some great steam coming out and with a slight north wind it was coming right at me. This made it a great shot for doing some long exposures and seeing what would come of it.

Keep in mind that I don't have a tripod or remote, so I had to prop it on a tv tray stand by the window and also manually hit the shutter button, thus providing some nice movement for the camera to catch! This was the best one of the night however:

ISO 100, f/16 & 30 Second Exposure

0 comments: