Thursday, December 13, 2007

Semester Nearly Over!

I'm currently in my 5th semester of studies at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. That is until about 5 hours from now when I will be finishing up my final exam in Surface Hydrology & Surficial Processes. Once that is complete I will be completed with all of my work this semester and can start thinking ahead on my 6th semester here at Iowa State... For those of you who don't know more about me, I am a Meteorology major and a Geology minor; my Geology minor is emphasized on the hydrological aspects of things. This semesters classes included Statistics, Atmospheric Physics, Synoptic Meteorology, History of the Earth (Geology) & the Surface Hydrology/Surficial Processes course. All of them will of course get a passing grade from the work I've done, in fact going through my grades it looks like this may be my best semester since my 1st one down here in Ames. I thank that upon finishing up my work in Calculus and Physics!

Anyway, just thought I'd give a small update on some of the ongoings as to why I've been so busy lately. I'll have another post about school maybe once I receive my final grades this semester or before next semester begins with a little preview of what I'll be handling then.

Oh, as for the weather, didn't think I'd leave that out, did ya? It looks to be a fairly nice end of the week into the weekend, with temperatures in the mid 20s to mid 30s across the state for highs, lows ranging a little wider from the teens to a few single digits possibly. Only snow in the forecast may come Friday night into Saturday, this won't be much of anything accumulation-wise as flurries are really the only mention in the forecasts. Look forward to a nice weekend, get out and enjoy all of the snow that is around; also a great time with the sun out to melt any of that ice that you still have left on the driveway or other areas!

0 comments: