Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fairwell Ames, Iowa

In the same tune as Tony Laubach's last post, today is my last day of college at Iowa State University in Ames, IA. Spent the past four falls and springs on-campus, enjoying the college life and getting my work done. As of approximately 1:30 PM this afternoon I will be leaving the campus as a student for the last time, and an unofficial meteorologist. The only thing between me and my Bachelor's of Science in Meteorology is about a months wait until the university mails it out. With other obligations back home, I will also be leaving Ames this afternoon, with my vehicle packed full of things I have gathered down here for the past four years.

I know I will be back, but it simply is not the same when I'm not a student; rather a graduate. Let's hope this means a good season of severe weather in the northern plains, as I have a few things planned out for this first summer being a true meteorologist... I'll be filling in those details in the coming days! Stay tuned...

0 comments: